Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Haul from La Conchita Naturals

As I browsed through Etsy.Com, I found La Conchita Naturals, a shop which sells natural skin care products. What made the shop unique (for me) was that it provides cleansing powder (Sprinkling Clean).
So what is that actually?
The cleansing powder is made out of ground grains and other natural ingredients which have so many benefits to the skin, such as Colloidal Oatmeal, Kaolinite, Bentonite, Morrocan Lava Clay, Montmorillonite (French Green Clay), Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed & Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Powder, Tapioca Starch, Lavandula officinalis and Citrus sinensis Essential Oil.


Why Go Dry?

When water is introduced to a mixture it can grow mold and bacteria. Body care products that you buy commercially contain a hefty dose of harsh broad spectrum preservatives to give them a longer shelf life. Making these ingredients available to you in the dry powder form allows for a completely natural product with a great range of versatility. Cleansing grains and powders have been used effectively for centuries.

You can use the powder to cleanse or as facial mask.






I decided to try the samplers. What you can see in my pictures, I bought (Placed on Dec 29, 2009, received in January 2010):
1. Spa Sampler Trio includes a sample of each of the following products:
- Harvest Goddess - Pumpkin Spice Facial Masque Mix with Buttermilk and Honey
- Sprinkling Clean - Rose - All Natural Complexion Cleansing Powder with Real Rose Essential Oil
- Milk & Honey - Luxurious Bath Soak with Skin Softening Buttermilk & Real Honey Powder

Haven't tried this.

2. Strawberry Cream - All Natural Facial Masque Mix with Real Strawberry, Yogurt, Honey and Organic Oats - Preservative-Free - Sample

I've tried this item. The smell when I mixed it with water reminds me of my little nephew instant porridge, lol.... Because it has the same ingredients and same form :)
I used it as cleanser, also sometimes as facial mask.
I like the idea, but somehow, I felt this doesn't clean thoroughly my oily face.
Well..... Or maybe my face was cleansed but the cleanser didn't wash all of natural oil in my face, which should be good, right? Because we still need our natural oil so our face won't dry up.

3. Nourish - Creamy Shea Butter Moisturizer with Organic Aloe and Vitamin E - Sample or Travel Size Jar
Haven't tried this.

4. Aloe and Shea Butter - Paraben Free - Soothing Lotion - 2 oz - Holiday Sale
It blends the soothing goodness of Organic Aloe Vera with the nourishing properties of creamy Shea Butter.
Haven't tried this.

5. Rosewater Facial Moisturizer - Sample Size Jar Approximately .35 oz
This moisturizer is very light and sink in to my skin right away. I didn't feel greasy. I put this on after toning my face, before my sunscreen lotion.




Free samples I received from Conchita:
Rose Lip Rouge and Citrus Cream Body Polish

Conchita refunded USD 3 of shipping charges to me.

0 comments: