Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WEARING PINHOLE GLASSES FOR TREATING SIGHT DISORDERS

I have been wearing eyeglasses since I was in high school, because I can’t see far objects (myopia). The condition didn’t get better, but so far the diopter size stays the same: -3.25.

I wore contact lens for five years (1995-2000) because I was an athlete and wearing eye glasses was troublesome. But because I have allergy, after sometimes, my body rejected the contact lens. My eyes got redden and itchy. Now I can only wear daily contact lens only for 5 hours maximal in a day.

I was considering getting LASIK treatment, but I heard negative effects of it from some of my friends. I guess the effect isn’t caused by the technology, but because if the level of physician’s skill.Several days ago, I found this product on the internet. It’s called pinhole glasses. Basically, pinhole eyeglasses are based on the principle of natural reflexes as the same effect is achieved when you squint to try and see more clearly. Your eyelids close around the top and bottom of your eyes, filtering out light rays reaching your pupil from these angles. This make sense to me. One of the good things about it that if my diopter size changes, I can still wear the pinhole glasses because it’s designed to suits some refractive condition (myopia, hyperopia, presbyopia, astigmatism, computer vision syndrome or cataracts). It is strongly recommended that pinhole glasses are used in good lighting conditions, as the amount of light entering the eye is reduced.

What makes more interesting is that the technology has been there for thousands years ago. Wow……In the 5th Century BC, the ancient Chinese people discovered that light passing through a tiny pinhole makes an image on the background it falls upon. Aristotle, the Greek philosopher, had study on pinhole imagery.

This unique eye glasses may be the answer to my pray, yippie…!

0 comments: