Ads 468x60px

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Injured right foot

I ended 2012 with injured right foot!
It happened on Sunday afternoon when I went to my friend's house, on December 16, 2012. It happened so quick. I was walking towards my car and all of sudden I sprained my foot. It was very very painful. But the pain didn't kick in until 3 hours after that. I was driving back to my house.

December 17, 2012
The next day, I called my traditional masseur and let her massage my injured foot. Man, I was in pain! I screamed and screamed. Even my 4 years old nephew rub my forehead to calm me down (awww he's so sweet, I  had to burst in laugh because of  that).

I went to a doctor to get my foot checked. He gave me pain killer and antibiotics. I asked him to provide letter of permission for my office. I was off Dec 17-19, 2012. He asked me to take X-ray.

Ocha, my friend, suggested me to go to a masseur near her house. It's in Harapan Jaya, Bekasi. I asked my sister to drive me there.
The masseur is blind. When he treated me, I didn't feel any pain! Very different to the first massage by my own masseur.
I was able to step properly using my right foot.
Foot condition on Dec 17, 2012

December 18, 2012

Injured foot, Dec 18, 2012
Injured Foot, Dec 18, 2012

See the redness and the swelling??

December 19, 2012
I went to a hospital near my house for my x-ray. It didn't take long time but must wait for the radiologist to give her review on the picture.
I had to attend a surgery due to my job.
This is what my foot looked like

Injured Foot, Dec 19, 2012

I took my x-ray but I didn't go to the GP I saw (dr.Irfan). The review paper said that there's a fracture.
My sister drove me around on Dec 20 and 21. I really appreciate her support. I only started to drive on Dec 26. We had long weekend due to Christmas so I had time to rest.

December 24, 2012
I bought ankle support at ACE Hardware Tebet Green. This helps me to walk properly. There was discount so I only pay IDR 70,000.
Ankle Holder
December 25, 2012
I went back to the blind masseur because I still had the swelling.

January 1, 2013

I swam free style and still felt pain at my ankle area.

January 5, 2013 After I canceled my doctor appointment on Jan 3, 2013, today I went to see Orthopedic Surgeon at Sari Asih Hospital, near my house, in Ciledug area. He said we will take conservation treatment. It will take 2-3 months to heal. I must put 80% of my weight on my left foot while walking. Better use walking stick, or hold onto the wall when walking. And when driving, try use the four toes, exclude the pinky toe.
He prescribed me medicine and must see him again next week.

See the x-ray picture, the red mark is the fracture site.
The right foot still swelling
Yes, I've been neglecting my health. This is one of my resolution for 2013: to pay attention to my health.


Our journey

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers