Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Monday, July 6, 2009

Signs of Stress

Lately I have not been feeling well. It's not my feeling, but my physique.
Here's the list of my what I'm feeling and the change in my body:
a. Back pain
b. Shoulder pain
c. Bad digestive system, including gastric and colon functions.
d. Weight gain
e. Sleep very late, over 1 AM. Reluctant to sleep.
f. Dry scalp and hair loss
g. Miss small details in my jobs


I think it maybe caused by my workload that is high currently. I did some research in order to understand my condition.

Stress (http://www.helpguide.org/mental/stress_signs.htm) is a normal physical response to events that make you feel threatened or upset your balance in some way.
Stress is a good thing, for example, it helps you to meet challenges. When working properly, it helps you stay focused, energetic, and alert.
But beyond a certain point, stress stops being helpful and starts causing major damage to your health, your mood, your productivity, your relationships, and your quality of life.

According to http://www.tranquilityisyours.com/signs-of-stress.html, here is symptom of stress:
  • Anxious
  • Mind-racing
  • Chest palpitations
  • Problems concentrating
  • Anxiety
  • Easily irritated
  • Avoiding people and responsibilities
  • Focusing on negative thoughts
  • Anger issues
  • Headaches
  • Digestive problems
  • Muscle tension and pain
  • Sleep issues
  • Fatigue
  • High blood pressure
  • Weight loss or gain
  • Skins problems - breakouts, rashes,
    hives
  • Hair loss
  • Decreased sex drive
  • Nervous behaviors - nail biting, pacing,
    teeth grinding


So, no matter how often I go to see my acupuncturist or doing some exercise, although it improves the condition a little bit, it will not go away until I can manage the stress and get my body to rest properly.
Like this weekend, I worked til 5 AM on July 4, 2009 because I was traveling and I was only able to work with my e-mails at night. I replied and wrote e-mails and went to bed at 5 AM, woke up at 7.15 AM.
That's not good at all!
If I keep doing it, my mind can't concentrate on work, it's dangerous when I feel sleepy when I'm driving, then I need to pay my sleep debt during weekend, stay in bed, while I actually can do more activities, like going for exercise.
Some organs in our system work best during our sleep.

My next goal: Get 8 hours of sleep.

0 comments: